Well, at least with my blog posts.Â I never seem to remember to update his thing when I should.Â Let’s see…Â in the past few months I have not blogged about…
- Lisa and I took the club 172 up to Norfolk for dinner.Â Unfortunately, we endedÂ up having to call for Pete to come get us due to a minor nose gear malfunction.Â A couple of days later that was fixed, and I flew the plane home.
- We had a very nice vacation out in Breckenridge.Â Gil and Nina were nice enough to let us use their condo.Â We did some sightseeing, got rained on while riding a ski lift, went to Ikea in Denver, took a nice horseback ride, and generally had a really nice week.Â We got to have dinner with various Jaworskis on the way home.Â And… the truck averaged over 20 MPG for the entire trip.Â Not too shabby!
- Lisa and I went to the EAA Chapter 80 picnic down in Plattsmouth.Â We had a pretty good time; good food, good people.Â I got a ride in an RV-7, and I have to admit…Â I’m hooked.Â What a sweet flying airplane.Â Fast, light on the controls, it almost feels like there’s no limit to what you can do.Â I think the -9 or -9a would be about perfect for long trips.
- I managed to get the third garage bay cleared out enough to use part of it for work space.Â It’s not done by a long shot, but it’s a start.Â I got the workbench moved out from in front of the truck, so I can get to the far side without having to go through the “garage hallway” – meaning the back seat of the truck.Â I’m almost done refinishing the old stool Dad made for me back in the mid 1960s when I needed a higher chair to sit at the table.Â Holly seemed to like it quite a bit, so I think it’s going over to Andrew’s place when it’s finished.
- The kit business has been keeping me fairly busy.Â I’m trying to kill off one kit and introduce two or three more.Â It’s taking a lot of work.
Well, that just about catches it up, I guess.Â I’ll try to post more here…Â not that I expect anyone actually reads it!